Today you will start to create your 10 page Game Design Document. This document is a presentation that can be given to people for the purpose of pitching your game idea. You will make it as a powerpoint presentation. This is the presentation you will use for your game design class game pitch.
The complete 10 slide presentation will be due on Thursday, April 11th. This will be a part of your summative grade for the presentation. Remember – all work turned in after the due date will receive a maximum grade of 70%. Deadlines are very important in game design career jobs.
- Game Title (use a font to convey the genre)
- Intended Game Systems
- Target age of players
- ESRB Rating
- Pictures are always a good idea, but not required (All art work must be original / made by you)
From the book Level Up by Scott Rogers
- Game story summary:
- Two or three paragraphs – tell the beginning, middle, and end of the story.
- Game Flow:
- Describe the flow of the game’s action in the context of the locations the player will find themselves in.
- What challenges the player encounters and how to overcome them?
- Does the player encounter puzzles?
- How does the progression/reward system work?
- How does the player grow as the challenges increase?
- Do the players encounter bosses that bar their progression?
- What are the victory conditions for the player?